"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's Sunday night and it's been snowing on and off since last night. So, after shoveling snow this morning, I spent my day listening to a Colin Dexter book on tape while working on a SAL from the Mary Poppins blog. The SAL is, surprise, Mary Poppins. I am late joining this SAL, but the photo shows my progress so far. She's standing on a roof, so that's a chimney near her, not a fire hydrant, although it could be mistaken for one I guess. The border of the pattern has little umbrellas in each corner which make it so charming. I'm using 2 strands of DMC rayon floss 30336,a navy blue.


When I had enough of cross-stitching, I picked up my crochet project, a small baby blanket to donate. It's very simple, just a row of single crochet then a row of double crochet in a shell; repeat the sequence till done. I'm using Bernat Softee Baby in pale blue and a G hook. I have a few skeins of this yarn so I'll probably make a few premie caps and some booties, maybe another blanket or two.


This is my first blog entry ever, and I know I will get better at it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)