"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, January 15, 2010

My brother begins his much-deserved retirement today. I hope his years ahead are plentiful, trouble-free, healthy and fun. In fact, I wish that for all of us.

Last night I attended a Do-It-Herself course in plumbing at Home Depot. Apparently, 26 people had signed up for the class, but I was the only one who showed up. If you have never taken one of these courses, try it. This is the second one I have taken, the gardening class last spring being the first. The plumbing session covered replacing shower heads, faucets and toilets. Will I ever replace any of those myself? Probably not, but other information came up that was good to know, and I could ask all the questions I had. And I won the door prize, the book Home Improvement 1-2-3, since I had no competition. And anyone who attended received a Coca Cola reward points card with 20 points. I noticed they were running one for kids on making what I think was a flower press. I'd sign up for it but I don't think the apron would fit me. HA!
Again no crafting. But I did pick out the fabric I will use for the Mrs. Moen Mystery project.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to take DIY classes if they were offered here. There are a few things I probably won't do myself, but I would love to know how to do them anyway, you never know when you might need it, right?
    I cannot believe 25 people did not show up for the class; how rude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)