"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, May 21, 2010

Flowers and Hats



There are lots of irises in the backyard because they were my mother's favorites, I think. Their scent so so gentle, but beautiful.

In either the February or March issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine a garden craft was featured which you may have seen. Martha towered clay flower pots, and I liked the look so tried it. I can't seem to get a good picture of it, but I am happy whenever I look at that tower of flowers; pansies, allysum and snap dragons.



Nima from Made to Treasure offered a pattern, upon request, to crochet a hat pincushion. I finished mine today. It's cute. The challenge is to give the hat a personal twist with how it's decorated. I used lace because I didn't see anyone else using it. But they are all beautiful. I just noticed one with ricrac and little flowers on it. If I can think of another dcorative option, then I'll make another hat. The challenge is open until the end of May.


The weather here seems to have finally settled into a more seasonal pattern, so I planted things like tomatoes, dahlias, marigolds, zinnias and some other flowers. I am going to try growing scallions for the first time this year. If they do well, I am going to plant onions and garlic in the fall.
God Bless You.

6 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful....what a cute hat pin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely irises. You did a good job on the pincushion. Your flowerpot arrangement is lovely and will prettier and prettier as summer goes on and the flowering plants mature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your irises are beautiful! Wow! I've never seen any so tall. I like your little pincushion, too. I have a hat pincushion that was my great-grandmothers (fabric, not crochet) and I have never seen another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is most beautiful, my dear friend. Love those "purty kitties". Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)