"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pumpkins, Free Motion Quilting, and Followers Request



This was the pumpkin wall hanging from Gooseberry Patch that I put aside to work on the Christmas QAL. I replaced their pumpkin pattern with my own pattern, and it looks better I think. It's not done. I'm doing a brown inner border and an orange or green outer border. I like it very much.

I want to thank Christina from A Few Scraps (http://www.afewscraps.blogspot.com) for the free motion machine quilting tutorial she is hosting on her site. I have progressed to the point that I can do wiggles, loops, and leaves. Here is the proof (click on the pictures to see the stitching better):





It's amazing that her encouragement and practise advice have such good results. If I don't get any farther along, I'll be very happy with what I've learned so far. But I don't doubt her ability to get us all further along.

I need followers. I would like to be listed on the AccuQuilt facebook page in their list of blogs, but I can't be considered until I hit 100 followers. As a business, they are looking at the numbers on the blogs that apply. Once on their list, I would be considered for receiving an AccuQuilt GO! which I would love to have. It's the much coveted device that makes cutting for quilts much more accurate, faster and easier. The traffic visiting my blog is very good which makes me very happy. If you are reading this and you are not my follower, please consider becoming one. I would be grateful and happy to have you join my followers list.

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet quilt. I've become a follower - good luck! :-) I hope you'll do the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already a follower but if you don't follow me please do. I am trying to be on the list too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top and well done on the quilting, it's looking great

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now following. Looking for more followers for my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up as a follower - good luck with AccuQuilt. My question is - how do you get your name listed on their facebook page - I have way more than 100 followers but can't figure out the signup process. Thanks for your help - and may you get many more followers quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)