"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Christmas Quilt Along

10:09 a.m.  I'm still in my pj's and drinking my first cup of coffee, but I have made a few things happen.  Today I will work on this pattern that I won recently.  It's by Sherri K. Falls of This & That Patterns. http://www.thisandthatpatterns.com/   Sherri's instructions state to back the background fabric on which the embroidery is done with light fusible web before transferring the design.  Did I do that?  Noooooo. So my fabric is moving and stretching as I draw. I'm using my new light box for the first time and it's so much better than the "sun through the window" method.. 
So I will fix that before anything else gets done.

I also plan to do some more quilting on the Regency quilt that I began last month so that it can get finished soon. 

Last night I found a video made by  Nancy Zeiman of Sewing With Nancy.  I like her show very much and was surprized to find her video, but I watched it twice and then made myself a checkbook cover using my new serger. 

This went incredibly fast.  As usual, choosing fabric and cutting it took the longest. 

Moxie is doing her in one minute and out the next routine.  She wants to be in two places at once.

OK.  I'm stalling, so I am off to do some sewing.

God Bless.




9 comments:

  1. Yay you! Enjoy your day and I'm so glad you shared :) Congrats on the beautiful pattern, and the light box ... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna,
    I don't have your email address on my laptop and I can't find it on your blog. Could you email it to me from my blog so I can send you your pattern for this month? Looks like you will be busy today once you get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is that time again....Christmas quilt along....

    Love our cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the things you get up to today. The quilt you were working on last week in particular is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty embroidery pattern! The lightbox looks like a very useful piece of kit too. I'll be back later to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to see what you get done today. Seems funny to be working on the Christmas quilt-along this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use lightweight batting on the back of my stitcheries. Makes it stay taut in the hoop and hides the knots, etc. on the back. I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so you must have missed my stitchery hints all week this week.

    I didn't discuss the light box method...maybe I need to. Use painters tape on the pattern and the fabric.Painters tape works great and comes off so easy!

    Or run the design through your printer. That's what I do. I did explain that on my blog. But I don't always do that. I use the light box most often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)