"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Christmas QAL Saturday for June First Post

The Christmas Quilt Along is hosted by Sue at Quilt Times http://www.quilttimes.blogspot.com

It's only 6:30 am here, and although I've been up for one hour, all I've done is determine that I don't have enough backing fabric to finish the wreath quilt, cleaned up the table so I have room to work, made coffee and begin sewing a crazy block from some Christmas fabric scraps.  Up front I have to let you know that I don't think I will accomplish a thing today, but I'm giving it a go.  And after seeing Sue's progress using her GO!, maybe I should put mine to work for me today too. 

One of the blogs I follow, Happiness is Cross Stitching, has just posted a free Christmas ornament pattern, so I'm thinking we're not the only ones doing Chrismas in June projects.

I do plan to make Barbie another dress from this fabric.
The grecian style dress is the one I will make, but I also love the dress with the gathered hem.  Good thing Barbie doesn't have to walk far.


And yes, it does say $.50 on the envelope.  I don't even want to think how old I was when I got that pattern.

When I get the pattern for the next star in the Christmas quilt I'll work on it too.  Better get busy.

2 comments:

  1. You are an early bird, Joanna!

    Your Barbie outfits are so cute! I had a similar doll to Barbie called Daisy when I was little - her claim to fame was that her outfits were by the British designer Mary Quant - all Flower Power and Glam Rock!

    Have a good day, whatever you get up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Joanne. There is a slight technical hitch on this star block which I just need to sort out, then I'll email it to you. Sorry about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)