"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A new Gown for Barbie

By special request, I got to make another Barbie dress with shawl, something I love to do. 
There are more to make, but this one is done.

My old and much played with Barbie is modeling.  She tends to wear too much make-up.


This was fun to make.  I have a few others to sew, including a beautiful turquoise and gold gown.  Love playing with dolls:)

I'm mailing my blocks for the Quilts of Valor charity challenge that SewCalGal organized. http://www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Due to a problem with sizing (see my previous post) I made some new blocks and will make 2 more so that I can send in 15 blocks. 
And I used my new Accuquilt Go! and new 5" die to make the pinwheels and four patch blocks.

God Bless You.


1 comment:

  1. Love the Barbie dress. My mom taught me to sew one summer. The project was lots of Barbie outfits for some foster children my grandparents had. You brought back fond memories! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)