"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Monday, August 22, 2011

38 Buttons to Stitch on the Quilt, 38 Buttons to Stitch, If One of Those Buttons ....

With 38 buttons to sew onto my Wreath Quilt, I decided to use my sewing machine for the task.  It worked great.  I followed the handbook directions, and all that's necessary is to drop the feeddogs and set the proper zigzag stitch to the correct width. Once that's done it literally takes seconds to sew on the button and the attachment is secure.  It's really worth trying every task your machine can do for you to see how you can apply it to a project.

Thank you to everyone who visited my blog and/or left a comment during the Pets on Quilts Show.  I enjoyed visiting the 109 blogs that entered, and fell in love with so many sweet pets. 

God Bless and have fun sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - never knew that you could get sewing machines which can sew on buttons!

    Wreath Quilt is looking great - although I think that you must be looking forward to completing these finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had totally forgotten that you can use your machine to sew on buttons! Thanks for the reminder. Wasn't the Pets On Quilts so much fun :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)