"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Back in Play

I put myself on the quilting sidelines for most of December, but this weekend I got back on the field.  I had both the last block of the Scrap Happy Sampler Quilt and the third block of the Treasure Chest Quilt to make.  So I finished 2011 all caught up with blocks to make and that's a nice positive finish.

Corner Star Block: If you "like" Quilt in a Day on facebook you will find the three blocks so far.
I'm trying to keep with purple/green/white/gold with accent colors.
These blocks are challenging and interesting.
 

Rolling Stars Block:  http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpatternsprojects/ss/Scrap-Happy-Sampler-Quilt-Pattern.htm
There were two variations for this block in the directions but unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I cut out my fabric, so I have the plainer version.  There are several designs of the Rolling Star, but they are eight point stars.  I think this one looks very ordinary, but there is another version which I plan to make, mostly because I need more blocks for the quilt size that I am planning.

 I learned a few things in 2011 in the qal's I joined. One that I hope I remember is that scrap quilts require just as much fabric planning as any other quilt. 

Wishing all of my followers and readers a healthy, peaceful and joyful New Year.
God Bless You.
 

2 comments:

  1. A very Happy New YEar Joanna
    :-) X X X X X X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look great!

    Here's wishing you a Happy New Year full of blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)