"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, June 8, 2013

2013 Christmas QAL Begins

Crafters are a fun bunch.  When I began quilting it was a few months before I finally understood the terms fat quarter and charm pack.  So it's no surprise that it's June 8th and we are about to begin a Christmas QAL.  It makes perfect sense to us.

My blog has a Christmas background, and there are pictures of Christmas treats.   I'm going to be sewing with Christmas theme fabric, albeit not red or green.   And you are going to join me this month and then Hazel of Hazel's Quilts next month and then me again and then Hazel again and then..., and together we will have fun and accomplish some quilting for the holidays.  We are starting early so there's no excuse not to get a few things done before December.  At least that's what I'm telling myself. 
 
Are you ready to go?   If you haven't taken a peek at the Christmas Challenge that Sue of Quilt Times has made up for us, than click on the Christmas QAL link at the top of this blog.  You are invited to participate, and we hope you do.  Get a blog post going and sign in with Mr. Linky.  Please note; your Mr. Linky sign in must bring us to your blog where you have a new post associated with this QAL.  You have the weekend to join in, then the link will be shut down for this month.  All of these rules are to keep things fair, in regard to the giveaway, for the true blue quilters who join in for the better part of the QAL. Enough said about that.

I have a neat recipe to share and a block how-to, both very easy. 
 
Right now I need my coffee, my rotary cutter, fabric and a plan. 
 
Here we go.

4 comments:

  1. A plan is a good thing. Wish I could come up with just one for the challenge. At the moment I've got about 3!!

    Love the decorations you put up in our honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of have an idea for Sue's challenge, but she will tell you that me having an idea doesn't necessarily translate into sewing action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start the coffee - and then I will be ready to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide between two projects, so maybe I'll do them both? I won't be able to get started until this evening. And I'll be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)