"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas QAL July Sunday - Post 3

 Last night I played a bit with the Nativity project and laid some cotton lace between the rows to see how it looked.  I think it works.  I have no idea where I'm going with this project and hope it turns out okay.  I'm having my doubts, though.
 
Friday night before I worked on my scraps I reorganized my sewing room, but it just isn't working out.  I can't find anything, so it's going back to the way it was before I became industrious.  So you may not see any sewing from me today but I will be in my sewing room:)
 

5 comments:

  1. I like the lace. LOL - I hear you about the 'organization' - I think I hunt for more things now than when I had a 'working' sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live and learn, eh, Joanna!

    I love the nativity project - although it took me a minute to realise that the shepherd is holding up a lantern and not an apple core!

    If you had 24 panels, you could stitch them onto a backing to make pockets, and make it into an advent calendar. Not sure how big each one is, though - it might make the world's largest advent calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought advent calendar too, but didn't think about the possible issue over size! As for re-organising, I reckon that's as dangerous as tidying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nativity project is coming along so well. I often start a project and let it take it's own course! I'm glad you're spending time in your sewing room, even if it is just to tidy up so you have more space to make quilty things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much like the pretty lace with the Nativity blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)