"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Things I've Been Doing

This month's Christmas QAL is being hosted by Hazel http://www.hazelsquilts.blogspot.com and it's this weekend.  I hope you can participate and that you are enjoying the qal time as much as I am.  I want to work on the Nativity quilt top this month and hope to make progress with it.

I'm also joining Christa Quilts QAL of her pattern, Modern Christmas Trees Wall Hanging.  http://christaquiltsblog.com/2013/09/11/christas-quilt-along-7-0-modern-trees-intro-and-schedule/ 
 
I think it's a sweet design and will use up some of my Christmas fabric.  If you visit Christa's blog you will see variations of the design that show the possibilities with changing fabric and layout.  Join in if you can.
 
I am quilting a churn dash quilt.
The fabric is from a 2010 collection called Golden Afternoon by Connecting Threads.  I think I've had the fabric since 2011 when I began quilting, and probably bought it because the floral is of marigolds, one of my favorite flowers.  In my part of the world, they are now coming into their best show, and I love that I can have them growing until late October or even November.  I'm doing only simple curves on this quilt so it's almost finished.
 
I've also wanted to see if I liked the look of drop cloth slipcovers so I made a cover for a hassock.  It looks pretty good so I'll be making new slipcovers for the living room. 
 
God Bless You.

4 comments:

  1. I'll pop into the QAL at some stage as I'm way behind on my blog because of our house sale. Your slipcover is so professional, that I'm sure they are going to look great. That is a cute Xmas tree pattern and look forward to seeing your churn dash quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to get myself in gear for the weekend. Naughty you giving me more temptations , you know I have to check out this Christmas tree;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the churn dash block. I'd love to see the whole quilt. Looks like a nice Christmas tree project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)