"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Floating 4-Patch Fun


I viewed this tutorial on The Gourmet Quilter's blog and have been enjoying making these very simple blocks and using up my scraps for floating 4-patch blocks.  Very relaxing.
 Digging in the scrap bag is fun.  

I'm going to use them to make a quilt to donate.  I may or may not put in a sashing; not sure yet. Would they still be floating if there's sashing?
Hope you are enjoying your weekends.  
God Bless.

7 comments:

  1. I love the fact that they are floating. Leave out the sashing. It looks so 'Modern.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are what I am making but in the much smaller size and much scrappier. I am thinking of making a row of 'floats' a row of scrap lites for some applique - alternate. I need to challenge myself to a needle turn quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, they look really great and no they probably wouldn't be floating with sashing. Love to see it finished. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are looking good! Thanks for the link...a perfect way to use my scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a geat use for scraps ,just love these floating blocks ,I may have to give this a try . I agree with Dolores leave out the sashing .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they look great as they are. If you add sashing in the same fabric as the background, then they'd still float, but if you use a different colour you'd lose the effect I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to use up scraps...hummm might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)