"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hands 2 Help Tumbler Quilt


Stitched, washed, dried and ready to go.  It just needs a label.

I'm donating this quilt to one of the Hands 2 Help charities, an annual event begun and hosted by Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
I put together this tumbler quilt top a few years ago, put it away with other unfinished projects, but never forgot about it.  I didn't know who to give it to, until  now.  I got to work putting it together with it's backing and batting, quilted it and sewed on the binding this morning. 
There's nothing like a finished quilt.

I also found another quilt block that I like for Brenna's quilt and have finally decided that this is the one.
Does this block have a name?  The center is a simple pinwheel, but I think the extensions make it some kind of star.  Edit:  This is a variation of the Shooting Star block.
I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead.
God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally found a worthy cause to donate the quilt to. It looks like it's a great size. Will the block become a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tumbler quilt will be ,over, that is so sweet of you to donate it to this worthy cause . Nice block 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely quilt!
    I like the block you've chosen for Brenna's quilt.

    Ging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely donation quilt and the stripes work so well to give it a modern twist. Look forward to seeing what else comes with your shooting stars block. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tumbler quilt, very soft cheerful colors. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty tumbler quilt. It is always amazing what we find in our sewing rooms. This quilt will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanna, your quilt arrived today safe and sound. Thank you so much for supporting Covered in Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty tumbler quilt. It will bring lots of comfort for someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tumbler quilt! I love the soft colors; so calm and soothing. I'm sure it will be well-loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tumbler quilts, and this one is just beautiful! Thanks for participating in H2H this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)