"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pretty Postcards

 Isn't this pretty?  This is the postcard I received from my exchange partner, Jo, from the latest postcard swap organized by Sheila of Sheila's Quilt World
 I'm not sure which orientation is right, but I like this pansy either way.  Thank you, Jo.
I'm always impressed by the artistic abilities used to make the cards I receive.  

This is the card I made and sent to Jo.  I guess we were both in the flower mindset.

I haven't been idle, just quiet.
I have been hand quilting Brenna's quilt with long stitch quilting.
 It's slow going but progress is being made.  I hope she still likes turquoise and pink by the time she gets this quilt:)

I'm going to share a picture of a block that I made for the Maggie's First Dance BOM.  I made this block last month, and just yesterday put up the 1st and 2nd blocks as I prepare to make the 3rd.  Well, don't ask me why I didn't see the obvious mistake I made in putting the pieces together, but see if you can spot it.  I'm not talking about the geese points.  
If you spotted the bottom row and the geese on the wrong sides, that's it.  How could I not see that?  And it went up on facebook.  Geesh!  Anyway, that's something else to fix.  

I hope you all are enjoying life.  
Happy quilting.
God Bless.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, you have been quiet, but by the look of it, very busy. As it is summer in your part of the world, I expect that sunny days are also being taken advantage of. The last block means quite a lot of unpicking to put it right, so that can be a challenge. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely postcards by both of you , great job ladies ! Thanks for taking part . Even with the mistake it is a beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the block with the little mistake. The bottom looks like a pretty pedestal for the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiet, but very busy. I vow next year to do one hand quilted quilt to each machine quilted one - really need to recharge with slowing down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)