Last year this quilt top was finished but not quilted. Now it is and hangs in my living room. I really love it. This is a Lynette Jensen design from her book, Quilting for Harvest.
I'm working on quilting the Homespun Hearth mystery quilt I made earlier this year and hope it will be finished this week. I went with just a narrow border of the two darker fabrics. The binding will probably be the plaid. The backing is the lighter floral. This was all pulled from my stash, and I like the darker tones. In fact, the light floral is fabric from my late mother's stash.
This is the fourth and last block for the Maggie's First Dance BOM by Jacquelynne Steves.
In October we will receive the setting. Some of the participants have used their blocks to make tote bags and such. I'm not sure what I will do. I used batiks from my stash for these blocks, and at first, I wasn't loving the result. But now I know I made the right choice. I used Crayolas to tint all of the flowers in my embroidery. I like the way that looks, too.
We are having lovely, cooler autumn weather this week, my favorite. Very refreshing and energizing.
Hope all is well.
God Bless You!