"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Silent Night Quilt and Flowers



Unfortunately, I cannot take a good picture of this beautiful quilt.  
The fabric is rich and beautiful; it's by Ro Gregg for Paintbrush Studio.

I've had the fabric and free pattern for about a year, so I'm happy to finally have it put together.



Next I think I'll put together a small Halloween quilt that's a free pattern from Fort Worth Fabric Studio; it's call Boo to You Mystery QAL.  After the uncomfortable summer we've had here I'm ready for autumn anything.

I had to begin establishing flowers here in my new home this year.  I had successes and failures.  I learned that unless it's a cactus most flowering plants cannot take full sun all day.  Fortunately, I started some of my plants in pots so I could move them to a better location in the yard.  At my parent's yard, there were small and large trees and bushes that provided shade at different times of the day.  That really is necessary, especially when the temps are very high.


This is a tithonia or Mexican sunflower.  I almost pulled it out when it was about 5 feet high and still not flowering.  It was just too soon.  Fortunately I waited and now it's full of flowers.



 My dahlias are doing very well.  They are all new so that probably is a factor.


Gaillardia.



I'm so glad I tried morning glories; they are gorgeous in the mornings.


This praying mantis dropped by, and yesterday a pheasant crossed the street as I was driving down my street.


On one of the hot, humid days, I found Moxie like this.  Most of the time you can find her under a shrub in the coolness there.

God Bless and be well.

2 comments:

  1. So lovely seeing a post pop up Joanna & trying to establish or even keep a garden going in hot dry weather is hard. I understand it well, with our extremes here in Oz. Love the quilt & your flowers, but your preying mantis is cute, as is Moxie having a rest. Take care & huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous and so are your flowers , the heat this summer was so hard in the flowers I found. Moxie sure knows how to relax 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)