"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Finish for February

Cupcakes is a finish.  This is certainly one of my oldest UFO's begun in 2011.  

Cupcakes

It's soft and sweet so I'm keeping it to use as a summer coverlet.

If I made one of these every year I'd have much fewer scraps:)

The backing used up some bigger pieces of stray fabric.

I'll be linking up with The Crafty Quilter on Sunday for the UFO Challenge.  I think it's cool that I've already achieved two finishes this year.

I don't think I have any more easy UFO's, only big quilts that need borders and some that are just blocks that need to be put together.  Since March is a longer month I may choose a challenging project to try to finish.  

I've been making blocks for Heirloom Quilting's Mystery QAL.  I've used a bit of a mix of colors and prints and am hoping it all pulls together at the end.

Heirloom Quilting Mystery QAL
  Not the best of pictures but you get the idea.

Hope you are enjoying your time with needle and thread.
God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Well done & you've certainly go your skates on at the moment. The cupcake one looks so feminine & pretty. Hope the next one is fun to finish too. You're doing better than me so far. Enjoy quilting in March & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Thank you. I hope I can keep my skates on for a good while. Of course, I'm starting another new project so I'll be replacing one ufo with another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake quilt is very cute!! Good job on the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna,

    This is a very sweet quilt and appropriately named. I'm glad you finished and thanks for linking up with my challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)