"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Monday, February 15, 2010

My Mystery Squares and a Sleeping Moxie


Mrs. Moen gave us the final instructions for the Mystery Quilt Along, and I am being brave in posting my product. As you may see, the design is a rooster or a big bird. It is up to each participant to decide what to do with the squares, such as make a table runner or wall hanging. I think I am going to do the table runner, or a square table cover. I need to sew the sashing, then quilt it, and sew on the binding. The quilting, for me, will be the next challenge. What do you think? It was hard to choose the fabrics not knowing what I was making, but it still came out okay. The pink and brown squares are not sewn together, but I wanted to get an idea how they would look. The bird is clearer in that set. The buttons were just test props.



I have listened to some good books these past few days. Jennifer Chiaverini's The Quilter's Legacy, Jill Churchill's Who's Sorry Now, and Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility, which I will finish tomorrow. I like Jill Churchill's series. It is set in the 1930's, and it's a gentle mystery, not a slaughterhouse type.

The picture of the vintage scissors on the left is from the Graphic Fairy website.


I took this picture of Moxie on the day after last week's snow storm. How sweet she looks. When she awakes she will test her new trick, climbing the drapes. Get out the water sprayer! God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)