"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pink and Brown Rooster


Today, while listening to the end of Sense and Sensibility and the beginning of Emilie Richards' Wedding Ring, I sewed together the pink and brown set from the Mrs. Moen Mystery. I have decided that that set will be a square table cover. I framed the squares with the pink fabric, and have made a border from four of the brown fabrics. I'll sew that on tomorrow. I have a book, Little Quilts All Through the House by Alice Berg, Mary Ellen Von Holt, and Sylvia Johnson. It was published in 1993, and I think I bought it on a sale rack in JoAnn's maybe a year ago. In it I found a Sunbonnet Sue wall hanging that has a border of fabric in different size rectangles, so that is what I have followed.
The other set is probably going to be a table runner, but I was thinking I could make four funky place mats. I was even thinking of using one square for the bib on an apron, one square for a hot pad, and the other two for place mats. I think I would get the most use out of doing that. We'll see.
God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)