"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, April 28, 2010


I've been happily sewing, but I don't have much to show. I am up to date on the pinwheel blocks. The black one is from Twiddletails who is giving us the block pattern each week. I went with a white background. I am not tired of making pinwheels yet. Good thing because there are still three more blocks and the sashing which I notice has little pinwheels scattered in it.
I have made my top, but for the hemming. I changed the pattern quite a bit because after sewing it together I didn't like the way it looked on me. So, off came the front tab and belt, in came the side seams that flared out but now hang straight, and that makes it a very simple top. But I'm planning for the summer when it's hazy, hot and humid, and I want to be comfortable but look neat.
Vogue Patterns' website was having a sale on patterns, and because they were only $3.99, an amazing price for their patterns, and they are my favorite, I ordered three. So, including shipping, I am getting three for what one pattern usually costs.
This afternoon I picked up my cross stitch sal from Sylvia's blog. She will be posting the May pattern in a few days, and I haven't started April yet. Hopefully, I'll get it done between tonight and tomorrow.
This morning was pierogi making day at my church's school cafeteria, and there were many new people who came to help. It was alot of fun, considering how tedious it is to sit and pinch dough edges for two or three hours at a time. Today we started on the cabbage filled pierogi, the biggest seller. The crew is also working out a way for us to make blueberry pierogi, which I can testify are delicious. I had to laugh when the young mother next to me described the pierogies as looking like clams. That's a new one on me. But that led to us calling the pierogi that were opening up stuffed quahogs. Quahogs are big hard shelled clams. Around here people make a spicy stuffing with them and then stuff the shells, tie both shells back together, and bake them. Yummy.
God Bless You.

4 comments:

  1. Really Really like your pinwheet quilt and your shirt looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on both the pinwheel quilt so far and the shirt is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the pinwheels! I like Vogue patterns too. They are a little more "updated fashion" in my opinion.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)