"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July Cross-Stitch, Sampler Blocks, and a New Dress


This past weekend I worked on the July cross-stitch pattern from Sylvia. It is so cute, and I think very German or European. I say that because I've not seen anyone hang fish after a catch so I'm assuming it's done where Sylvia lives. If I'm wrong, let me know. Now I'm all set for the August design.

I completed my blocks for this week's Simple Sampler: The first is the hourglass block and the second is the 6 grid chain block.




I like the block called 6 grid chain. I can't wait to check out the other participants' blocks because the different fabrics make every block look like no other. We are all going to have a very nice quilt top when we're done. Thanks again, Amy.

Here are all of them so far:

This is my Claire Cami Dress. I bought the pattern and fabric with the Sew Mama Sew gift certificate I won. I love the dress. I do need to alter the armholes because they gape a bit, but that's not a big problem. I love the fabric. It's from Kate Spain for Moda called Verna.

At Saver's today I bought a Marcia Adams Cooking from Quilt Country cookbook, three Just CrossStitch magazines, and a package of Aida cloth, all for $4.14. I live in an old mill town, and workers at the mills got to bring home big spools of thread, or as in my Mother's case, ribbon binding and buttons that were used on the Garland sweaters that were made in her factory. At Saver's today I saw many of these types of things, and couldn't help but think that the worker's children were cleaning out stuff. I say this because I have done the same thing. But I kept lace, and the ribbons and buttons. My father used to bring home thread, and we still have a few old, big, wooden spools of very old thread.

Listening to Anne Perry and Charlotte Hart books helped me get my projects done.

God Bless You.

3 comments:

  1. That cross-stitch sampler is so sweet. It does look like you are a good way towards making a nice quilt top, too. Maybe you can show us a picture of you wearing the dress one day? It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blocks! cant wait to see this all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt blocks go so well with your new dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)