"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Inspiration


When I go into Savers, I head directly for the books or the notions. On Tuesday, I got very lucky in the book section. Their deal is buy four books and get one free. Tuesday is also senior discount day, so I bought five books on quilting for $10.00.
One book is a Thimbleberries, one is a Gooseberry Patch, one is about museum quilts and gives directions for them, and the other two just look very good to me. In the museum quilt book, Quilts Around the Year by Linda Seward, is this art deco fan quilt that was made in the 1930's. I think it's a treasure, and I hope to make it one day (not soon though.)



I found a sweet small quilt in the Thimbleberries book, A Thimbleberries Housewarming by Lynette Jensen, and I made the top between Tuesday and Wednesday.


I found a small pumpkin wall quilt in the Gooseberry Patch book, Country Friends Go Quilting, and I thought I could put the top together by today, but this is how the dining room table looks right now, and that top is going on hold. I'm putting this mess aside unless I have time tomorrow. Frankly, I feel sewed out for now.


I am determined to take time tomorrow to prepare my project for Saturday's Christmas Quiltalong. I've got all kinds of fabric, all I have to do is pick the project.

That's it. See you bright and early on Saturday. I'm going to get out a Christmas candle to set the mood.

God Bless You.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)