"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Playing With Dies

This is what I  made with the other flower die I have for my new Sizzix.  I plan to put french knots in the centers.  Then I'm not sure what I'll do with the block; maybe a pillow.  
I neglected to provide a link to Colleen's blog, Lucky Duck Dreams, yesterday and want to correct that.  http://www.cyarnell.blogspot.com/ Visit her blog to see what she has made with her Sizzix.


The votes have been counted and SewCalGal has announced the winners of The Golden Quilter Awards.  The nominees and the votes are submitted by quilters internationally, and SewCalGal hosts this annual event. 

I'm happy for all of the nominees and the winners.  I've only been quilting and blogging for a little over a year, but there are a couple of names listed of quilters who I learned about and who influenced me in the progress I've made with this craft.  That's wonderful.   Here is the list of those receiving awards.

Best Designer    Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
Best Teacher/Instructor     Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville
Best Author    Eleanor Burns, of Quilt In A Day
Best Quilt Store (Physical)     Mary Jo's in Gastonia NC
Best Quilt Store (online)    Fat Quarter Shop
Best Long Arm Quilter    Judi Madsen - Green Fairy Quilts
Most Innovative product (physical item)    AccuQuilt Go! Fabric Cutter
Most Innovated product (software item)    EQ7, by The Electric Quilt Company
Most influential person in the world of quilting to-date, aka "Lifetime Achievement"    Eleanor Burns, Quilt in a Day
Best Quilt Retreat    Two Wacky Woman (Southern California)

Many sponsors have contributed items for a giveaway.  The giveaway is open to everyone who nominated, voted and helped with PR (like this post) for the event.   Visit http://www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com/ to learn more about the awards and the giveaway.

God Bless You. 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)