"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Monday, June 13, 2011

Simple Things Fabric and Scrap Happy Sampler Block

Happy Flag Day!

Two clarifications from this weekend.  First, I didn't link to Quilt Times, Sue's blog, http://www.quilttimes.blogspot.com  during all of my posting Saturday.  I edited my first post to correct this.  My apologies to Sue.
Second, I am making Barbie doll clothes for one of the little ones in my family who asked me to make her new doll some clothing, especially a turquoise dress.  My old Barbie with her age spots is just happy to be able to model them.

This is what I chose for the Simple Things mini quilt.
  I did some of the cutting yesterday, but don't have the background fabric.

I'm having a problem with the 5" cutting die for my AccuQuilt GO!  Sometimes one side is slightly short, even when I am very careful about placement of the fabric.   Anyone know what causes that? 

I also made the Summer Winds block for Janet Wickell's Scrap Happy Sampler QAL.
I love how the corners look a little like the fish blocks.

I almost abandoned this quilt.  The different colors I've used are a real mish-mash.  But it's very possible that with the right background fabric and more color variety in future blocks, it will look neat.  I love all of the block designs.
What do you think?


Hoping all of you are well and happy.
God Bless You.







3 comments:

  1. Hmm - well, I'm not one to let lack of experience in all matters fabric get in the way of venturing an opinion, Joanne!

    I love the blocks on the scrap happy sampler (I didn't see the fish in the corners of your latest block until you pointed them out, though!).

    I don't see anyting wrong with the mix of colours, but if you think that the blocks make a mish-mash when together like this, and you want the blocks to stand out separately, maybe you could use sashing between them to bring them apart a little? Maybe in black for a striking look - or something neutral (a pale pink?) to tone it down a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Forgot to say - that rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look wonderful as well as your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)