Yesterday I told my sister I was tired of sewing. It was a bad day all around and my projects looked like nothing but work with no fun included. Later on I got bored and started to trim the Simple Things squares, completed them and went on to the border of my Cat Nap Quilt. And I'm sewing again:)
For the Simple Things squares I ended up using glue stick to keep the template from moving while I trimmed, and that made the job much easier.
When making the Cat Nap Quilt I saved the small triangles that were cut off at the cats' tails. I always save those pieces, and for this quilt I found a way to include them. I sewed them together and then into four patch squares and placed them at compass points in the final border. I really like the way it looks.
I'm very lucky to still have this quilt. While I was pressing the border my iron suddenly got very hot, melted the thread at a couple of seams and scorched the ironing board cover. Fortunately when I saw my seams pulling apart I lifted the iron, but it was close. Good bye iron. If this had happened yesterday, I probably would have kicked it to Timbuktoo.
Thank you to Rachel of Just Sew y'All Know http://racheldquilting.blogspot.com/ . I won a fabric giveaway on her blog, and I can use them.
Hoping for good things.