"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pineapple Block

If you are a fan of Quilt in a Day on Facebook, then you know about Eleanor Burns' sampler qal.  The block patterns are from The Kansas City Star newspaper that published quilt patterns in the early to mid 20th century.  I've joined in because the part about quilt making that I like quite a bit is the history and tradition behind it.  Anyway I submitted the block for October.  It's called Pineapple.  I had some problems finding fabric in my stash that progressed in value. 


I might make another version with different colors, if I can find some that would work.

God Bless.



2 comments:

  1. Your runner looks great and I so agree, I love the history side of quilts and quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)