"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, December 27, 2012

FMQ Challenge - December Finale

 
A year ago I joined SewCalGal's FMQ Challenge.  http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/   It's been a year of a new exercise each month presented by a different expert in Free Motion Quilting.   Whether I did the challenge well or not, I learned something from each expert, such as advice on lighting, thread, needles, and even the advice most given, enjoy the process. 
 
My star above was going pretty well, except one point is short.  I think it looks alot like a starfish. 
 
I did not make a quilt with my swatches, but most often have used them for placemats or mugrugs, but I did lay most of them out to take a picture. 
 
 
 
What have I learned about my own fmq style?  I have to like the design in order to put the effort into making it look good.  I think that means I will never have a fmq business, but I really didn't see one in my future anyway.  For my own quilts, I have moved up a bit in skill, and that's what I hoped to achieve. 
 
Thank you to SewCalGal for organizing this challenge.  She really has an outstanding talent in this kind of thing, what with getting the experts involved and the sponsors support.  And she quilts, too!  Please visit her blog, click on the ads, leave a nice comment, and join in one of the quilting adventures. 

And by the way,
Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzienia
i
szczesliwego Nowego Roku!
 
That's Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Polish (without the accents.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)