"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today is Worldwide Quilting Day

Here I am at home sewing alone, but in fact, I am probably sewing with , perhaps millions or is that too high an estimate, of other quilters around the world.  There isn't a quilt shop in my area, but quilt shops everywhere are hosting activities to celebrate this event.  Bloggers, too.

This is what I'm working on today;  Putting a hanging sleeve on a log cabin quilt I made from my Little Quilts All Through the House book ( one of my first quilts and now I want to hang it,)  a mini quilt to replace my Valentine mini quilt and my America the Beautiful quilt that is still in the 'stitch in the ditch' stage. 
 
 What's appropriate about this mini quilt is that the fabric is aTy Pennington strip set that I won from Quiltmaker and the quilt block is from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks edition Volume 1. 
 I have taken two Craftsy courses; one by Cindy Needham and one by Ann Petersen and both advocate ditch stitching before any decorative quilting is begun.  But on this quilt I think I will never get to the decorative quilting stage:)

One place you can join in with other quilters online today is SewCalGal's qal.  http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/  Join us if you can.
 
God Bless You
and
Happy Worldwide Quilting Day!


3 comments:

  1. I'm quilting along with you today, right after I get off this computer! Happy quilting day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy International Quilting day to you too! Love the mini you are making. Its great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been busy in my sewing room today too. Stitching away. Thinking about you and others that are quilting today. Certainly made it fun to think about what this day is all about and how much we have in common.

    Love your quilts!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)