"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Postcards and Lanterns

I joined in Sheila's Postcard Exchange http://sheilasquiltworld.blogspot.com/  and received this beautiful postcard from my partner, Sharon, who is also "up north" as we say here,
 in Nova Scotia.

I love the musical fabric and the Broderie Perse applique roses. 
Thank you, Sharon.
 
These are the cards I sent to Sharon.  These were my first fabric postcards, and I love making these things.
 
 
 
I designed the top card and used a Sizzix die for the second. 
 
This is another I made.
 
You see, they become addictive.  You can let your creativity take over and play.  My only issue is that my wonderful little sewing machine has only a few decorative stitches. 
Thanks for organizing the exchange, Sheila.  I'm happy I joined in the fun.
 
The third lantern block is called Double Ladder.
 

 
God Bless You.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful postcards. Also love the way the lanterns are coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great postcards Joanna, so glad you joined in on the swap and glad you had fun . I love your lantern blocks !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fun postcards - little projects do aid in letting your creative juices grow. Your lanterns are looking just fine - love the pink/red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the little postcards, they are just so cute. I'm looking forward to seeing this Lantern quilt when you finish. Looks intriguing and a good way to use scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely postcards. You're so creative. Are you able to mail these as postcards or do you put them into an envelope before mailing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcards! I was in Sheila's swap too, and received a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those post cards are soooooooooo fun...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Every time I see postcards I am amazed and what can be done. Love them! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)