"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Christmas QAL August - Post 2 - Projects

I love the fabric baskets that I've seen online and wanted to make a few to help keep things organized.  This link is the one I followed:  http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2013/03/gathered-round-basket-3-sizes.html  Don't you love the colors they used?  My first basket has a Christmas theme.
Yes, those are soap slivers in the basket; I use them to mark because I know it won't hurt the fabric. 
These are reversible.
The only question I had was the instructions call for wadding, which I thought was what we call batting in the United States.  I used fusible interfacing because I thought it would work.  So British friends, do you think they mean wadding as in batting or is it interfacing?  I'm wondering which is preferable.  I want to make a few more.
Now, this is the link to the project I originally wanted to share with you.
Katrina's ornaments look pretty and are easy to make.  If I used a smaller print fabric it might work better.
I think the little one makes a cute decoration for my bowl.  You could play with it a bit, add some bling and have a nice coat pin.  Don't know about you but I love to put a Christmas pin on my coat or jacket.
Am I delaying my Challenge project?  Yes, because I'm still wondering about it.  I actually lost the bow block I made in June.  It's in the house somewhere but I can't find it.  Maybe Moxie took it.


Darlene said...

I see you're having fun. Love the fabric basket. :-)

Hazel said...

I bet that you put your block somewhere safe... I know that feeling!

What cute baskets you've made - I think Sue will be able to answer about wadding/batting/interfacing better than I can.

Those ornaments warrant closer scrutiny, I love the triangle one.

QuiltSue said...

Cute ornaments, thanks for showing them. I love your basket, and, in answer to your wadding/batting/interface question, what you call batting is what we in the UK call wadding. Fusible interfacing could be either a fusible wadding or something much lighter/thinner, depending on what you actually use. Hope that helps?

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Love the basket with trimming. Very pretty little ornaments.

Lesley said...

Love your basket and projects. Thanks for the sources!