"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Christmas QAL August - Post 4

It's Sunday and the Christmas QAL is still open for business.  I'm enjoying the peeks at your projects in between my own quilting and other weekend stuff.  It seems that today besides our QAL there are other blogging events  taking place so I think we'll have a variety of posts to view for fun and ideas.

I was going through my Christmas magazines last night and came across a project I decided to make for the Challenge.  It is paper piecing, and I have never done that before so this will be a learning experience as well.  This is what I have so far:
Can you tell what it is? 
 
So far what I think about paper piecing is that it seems to me I am wasting fabric.  It's probably because I am new at it and haven't figured out how to judge how much I need.  However, I will carry on and see how it turns out.  It's another mind bending exercise that my little brain appreciates.
 
Have fun today.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you in not only taking on the challenge, but challenging yourself with a new technique as well. I would say that looks like the center of a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper piecing is one of the arts I, so far, have "observed." I'm very interested in learning how you like the process - especially the paper removal. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project looks very interesting...but no guesses coming from me! Will look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan of paper piecing but love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a great job Joanna! Paper-piecing does seem to waste more fabric, but once you get more familiar with it, you get better at judging the size of the pieces you need. Don't try to get too frugal though - it will bite you - ask me how I know LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love paper piecing, but still find I can either use pieces of fabric that are way too big, or too small.

    Are you making an angel? Or a choir-boy I wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)