"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Christmas QAL August - Post 5

The bad news is that I walked away from the paper piecing project after numerous mistakes on the same small piece.  The good news is that I went back to it once I cooled off and got over it.  Sharon and Sue were both brave enough to make a guess at what I was making, but they were both wrong.  Apparently, a big black spot in the middle of white fabric isn't much of a clue.

It's supposed to be a polar bear looking through a window.  It's called You Got Cookies by Sonja Callaghan.  His hat should be red, but you know the rules so he has gold which I think looks a little bland.  The pom pom on his hat is going to have to be very colorful.  Maybe he needs a blingy earring in that right ear:)   There is still more to be added, but the paper piecing is done.  Thank goodness.
 

What is the universal remedy for unhappy moments?
Chocolate!
 
I made chocolate covered pretzels.  They aren't gorgeous but they taste good and are too easy to make. https://www.hersheys.com/celebrate/holidays/recipedetail.aspx?id=3441
 
Hope you are having fun today.


5 comments:

  1. Your polar bear is fab! I think if you still feel his hat is bland when you add the pom pom you can outline it to make it stand out in - say - a dark brown thread? (nearly said green then!)

    You've had a busy day with the paper piecing - another technique I haven't tried yet.

    Those choc pretzels look good - but I have plenty of cake to eat here, having entered the domestic classes at the show. One is a chocolate beetroot cake, which I am not at all sure about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - your polar bear is so cute. So glad you persevered!!! You definitely deserved the reward of those yummy chocolate pretzels :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, now why didn't I think of chocolate? Actually I got a bit of a nap in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your polar bear turned out pretty sweet! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is so cute. If you want his pompom to be glitzy, why not use tinsel (not in red or green though, of course). The pretzels sound good. I've never had them like that, but maybe it's time to remedy that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)