"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lantern Quilt

 
My Lantern Quilt is bigger than I originally planned but I'm pleased with the size because I can use it on my bed.  Don't look closely at the quilt because I haven't buried the threads yet, but I wanted to link up to Quilty Habit's Lantern - a - long Linky.  http://www.quiltyhabit.blogspot.com/2013/08/lantern-long-linky.html

The backing is polka dots that blend with the mix of colors from the top, and since I had made 2 extra Tinkerbell blocks I used them on the backing.

Thanks to Jessica of Quilty Habit for this fun design.  I said I wouldn't join any more qal's this year because I wanted to work on my ufo's but this was a fun and quick project.   And thanks to Sharon of Vroomans Quilts where I spotted the qal button.  Love that quilting community. 
 
God Bless You.

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is just gorgeous - how different it looks with fabric/color change. AND you have it totally finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... I like this very much! The backing to wonderful, too. You made beautiful
    use of the quilt-a-long pattern. Congrats! :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is fabulous, I love it. I love how you did the binding too using all different fabrics from the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh it looks fabulous!! Really, I love how you added lanterns to the back too! I'm SO glad you had fun and thanks so much for LALing! :) (and I can't believe how much you have done! That's awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours you chose for the quilts!
    Amira @ http://littlemushroomcap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful Joanna , love the fresh Colors and your quilting looks fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Joanna. It's nice to do something simple at times and it has made up so quickly, that it is done and not a UFO.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)