"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

QOV Block Drive

I learned of a blogger in Colorado who is collecting blocks for Quilts of Valor.  http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/2013/08/big-blowout-block-drive.html  There are only two types of blocks being collected, and the directions for making them are on Alycia's website.  There is a giveaway attached to the block drive.  If you are interested, you have until the end of October to make and submit.  These are some of the blocks I made.

August is the month for me to try new quilting methods, apparently, because I had never made a string block before, but now I have.  My first two attempts  I redid once I figured out my own way of doing it, but they are fun to make.  Now I can say I have paper-pieced and string blocked.  Good for me.
 
God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Great blocks Joanna , perfect for quilts of Valor !Nice string piecing too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you mentioned this...I will have to check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully crafted as always :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)