"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, April 10, 2014

New Project From a Bonnie Hunter Book


 I've had Bonnie Hunter's book, Scraps & Shirttails II for a while and have wanted to make something from it for as long, so I'm happy to finally begin one of the projects.

I've selected Smoke Mountain Morning with its stars and modified log cabin blocks.


This fabric line from Windham Fabrics is one I've been saving, so now it's been cut into and is living up to its potential.


I have two stars done and am trying out one log cabin.  The stars are a 54-40 or Fight star and the log cabin is the Chimney and Cornerstone log cabin version.  My takes are a little bit different from Bonnie's but that's okay.


What is really cool is that I used my Sizzix to make this block.  That might be why I was able to get two blocks done in a few hours.
I will link up with the Let's Book It group at Vroomans Quilts when that post comes up.  

God Bless You.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely and are you doing the quilt in that size? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized the Windham line and this will look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized the Windham line and this will look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful pattern. I believe the name is Smith Morning Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start to another wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great. They are going to make a wonderful in the fabrics you chose.

    I love your new summery blog background too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your going to have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)