"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Knitting and Stitching

I am knitting a sweater, but I'm not sure if I am going to be part of the Very Shannon KAL.  I'm a bit intimidated by the projects I'm seeing there.  I don't enjoy knitting a complicated pattern and haven't made a sweater since the '80's so I chose a very simple project of a design I like that I know I will wear.  I love cardigans so I'm making the Sawtelle sweater from the Berocco site. 

You may have read in this blog the comment that in my family we don't throw anything away.  As an insight into how that works the yarn I am using for this project was purchased at least 30 years ago.  That's right, in the 80's most likely, by either my Mom or myself.  The beige is Patons' Princess, no longer made, and the green is a wool from a store no longer open.  Unused yarn just waiting to be unwrapped.  I was happy I had some nice yarn I could use without having to make a purchase.  Are you laughing or shaking your head?  Both?  Believe me, the term "stash" in some variation is very familiar.
 I also began to stitch another house, so when I need to get away from the knitting I am picking up the stitching.  It's the April house, thus the bunny.

Enjoy your weekend projects.
God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your sweater will look brilliant :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember my ripple rugs! Well they were made from both old and new wool, Mum's and mine. Have fun with your knitting and stitching. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beige wool looks lovely. It almost has highlights in it from the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful!!!! What a great story to tell when you are all said and done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)