"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Sew Sweet Simplicity Block 1

 I mentioned I was joining Jacquelynne Steves' Sew Sweet Simplicity QAL, and this is my version of Block 1.  I'm using her fabric line, Country Charm, except for the white.  The snowball middle on my block is different in that I used my Sizzix to cut a bluebird.  It has a sweet, gentle look that I like.

I finished the afghan that I'm donating.  I put a kind of picot edging on it, and the cream yarn works very well.

I have the sleeves on my cardigan half done.  Let's hope I get to wear it this year:-)
That's it for now.  Have a nice day.
God Bless!

7 comments:

  1. Love the applique in the middle and keep wondering about some sort of cutter like the Sizzix. The afghan looks great and do hope you get your cardi finished as it will soon be getting cold in your part of the world, I guess. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little bluebird really makes the block! I need to make a purple afghan, and I like your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, I love your block with such a sweet little bird inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet block ,love the bluebird . The baby blanket is sweet too .

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bluebird adds a nice touch to your block! Best wishes on finishing your cardigan-projects like that take patience, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bluebird is just perfect to give a soft look to the block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luvs the colour of your cardigan.
    Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)