"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Quilt Doodle Doodles 2014 BOM October Block


I'm amazed that this project is almost finished, just like the Sew Kitschy qal.  This October block is the last one and I need to size up my blocks and sew them together.  I love this row of Christmas lights.  I need to add something to represent the light cord, but it's essentially done.
I think this was a very creative and fun design from Cindy of Quilt Doodle Doodles.  Check out the flickr pics from other quilters; some of their blocks are just too cute.

I haven't given up on my cardigan, but I have not worked on it as much as I would like because of other things that have come up.  However, I did abandon the instructions and resorted to making the sleeves as individual pieces and then will sew them in.  They'll be the same length this way as well.

The Sodality I belong to at my church is putting together young children's clothing to donate to a local organization, and I've made a baby quilt and am crocheting a baby blanket to add to my other items.  

I had the quilt panel and yarn in my stash so I'm happy to be able to use them.  I backed the quilt in cream flannel.  The crochet blanket is still a work in progress.  

That is it for now.  I have the last block of the Knitter's Gifts qal to make and then that qal will be almost finished.  But, since I have a weakness for QAL's I will be starting the Jacquelynne Steve's qal next week.  You'd think I'd know when to stop, but I just can't:)

Enjoy your crafting time and God Bless You.

3 comments:

  1. Your row quilt looks lovely all laid out - I haven't done that with mine yet. Hey, so many QALs and SALs are near the end - perfect excuse to start something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Xmas quilt and also love seeing your QAL's. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love , love , love your row quilt , you did an awesome job! Cute baby quilt and the crocheted blanket is just adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)