"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Grand Illusion Mystery QAL Block 1

Unlike me, most of you are on top of what's going on in blogland, so I'm pretty sure you know that Bonnie Hunter began her new mystery qal this past Friday.  I think you will enjoy reading the opening post which describes how Bonnie arrived at the colors she chose.  I was sorry I missed last year's beautiful Celtic quilt, so I'm in on this year's.  We can link up tomorrow so this post is my link up post.  Edit:  This is the link:


I'm using the same colors, and although my constant yellow is a pale fabric I had enough of it so it's in.  


Some of the bloggers configured this simple block into many different designs, so block one is very versatile and it'll be fun to see what Bonnie makes of it.

I'm testing border fabric for my Quilt Doodle Doodle 2014 quilt.  For some reason I'm having a hard time finding the right border fabric.  Just being finicky, I guess. 

God Bless, and I hope we all have a wonderful week. 

5 comments:

  1. Great start to the new mystery. I'm sitting this one out at I have the OMG quilt on the go. So watching everyone else play with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forwaard to following your progress on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I will sit this one out too since I have our guild BOM on the go as well as the aurifil BOM . You have made a great start and it will be fun to watch yours progress ! You may find it easier to choose a border for your Christmas quilt if you first border it with a narrow solid colour , just a suggestion .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a block you could do all sorts with and will be following you on that project. On your Xmas quilt, would a narrow yellow border then something a little larger in a medium blue work? Just an idea as I was looking at it. Happy sewing and take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)