I finished this quilt top, Stash Buster by Linda of Linda's Quiltmania, in January 2014. I began quilting it shortly after and accomplished quite a bit, then stopped. When I quilt a sampler quilt, I like to quilt each block differently. That makes it a slower process, so when my creativity dried up, I put it aside.
Last week I resumed and got it finished.
Some blocks look great with some heavy thread work, like these:
I like the way the prints are raised when the quilting is thick like this.
And some blocks have a spare amount of quilting, like these:
On a few of the blocks I tried the long stitch hand quilting technique, using embroidery thread, and I enjoyed that, but this is a big quilt and holding it, even in the large hoop I use, was clumsy.
I was uncertain about doing something in the sashing, but decided to back away and let it be.
The backing has almost as many pieces as one of the blocks:)
I have a few more tops that need quilting, and of course, there are new projects to begin, so I think I'll go and find something work on today.
Enjoy your week ahead.
God Bless You.