"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Belated Happy 2016

I haven't posted for a few months for various reasons, but none of them very awful or worrying.  I just didn't have anything to share and also got tied up with personal things.  I have finally been able to get back to making quilts and would like to show them. 

I did complete the quilt I was working on for my sister and gave it to her for Christmas.  She was very pleased with it which is very gratifying. 


A few weeks ago I began work to finish the PatchKats quilt (by Denise Russart) and have the top done.  It's very big, I think the largest quilt I've ever worked on.  I had to purchase 3.5 yards of 105 inch backing.  Quilting this monster is going to be a trip.



I went back to making the blocks for Jacquelynne Steves' Sew Sweet Simplicity
quilt from last year.  I'm working on that while I wait for the fabric I've ordered for a quilt I will be making for my sister's middle granddaughter.  At Christmas she asked me to make her a quilt; I love that. 



 I used my Sizzix for the apple applique. 
So now I have two blocks and either 2 or 4 more to go.  I'm going to use this as a table cover.
I hope you are all well and enjoying your time to create lovely things.
God Bless!

5 comments:

  1. I think blue and brown go well together and obviously, so does your sister. The patch cats was one I liked but didn't want to make. I am going to be making the Hole in the Barn Door one though. That table topper will look very nice. Love the apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland and glad you are OK. Your sister's quilt is lovely in those colours with the pretty stitcheries. Progress on the others is coming along nicely and even big quilts for me with a long-arm maybe easier on the quilting side, but still heavy and cumbersome to sew the binding on with all that bulk under the small arm of a domestic machine and dragging to one side. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back! Love seeing the cottages quilt and the cat quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. I love your cat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see you post . Your quilts are gorgeous and the blocks you are making are so pretty . Great work !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)