"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, July 3, 2016

An Almost Finish

This is the Homespun Mystery Quilt sewn together but missing the border.  I might have to fudge that because I am running very low on the navy fabric.  Nevertheless, I really like this project.

I was making great progress on the quilt for Brenna, but I am not happy with the batting I have so I'll be making a trip to Joann's for something else.  I like The Warm Company Warm and Natural cotton batting.  It has a nice weight and doesn't feel too light.  That's my own opinion, not a paid statement.

I attended  a local quilt show last week.  It was very small but interesting. 
This picture is made of tiny bits of fabric glued to a background fabric.  I've got to try this some day. 
This is another work by the same quilter. 
This same quilter made this quilt that used Brazilian embroidery; her stitches were gorgeous.  Apparently, the difference in the Brazilian embroidery is the twist in the thread, which is made here in the United States.
I'm showing this quilt because it has all of the lighthouses in the Cape area, and my Dad worked in one of them when he was a teen.  It is a beautiful quilt.

Hope you have a nice week ahead.  Stay safe and God Bless!


4 comments:

  1. The sampler is looking lovely and I'm sure you'll find something for the border soon. I use Matildas Own wool/cotton batting (60/40%) and it is lovely to work with and good for baby & children quilts. I don't like polyester for little ones. The quilt show things are stunning. Some very clever people in your area and your father was a lighthouse keeper? Must have been amazing. Have a good week & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler is just beautiful, great work ! Thanks for sharing the quilt show , some very interesting work , love the lighthouses .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the use of the plaid in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt looks great, and how wonderful to see the lighthouse where your Dad worked in a quilt in a local show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)