"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Finish and Closer to a Finish

Last year this quilt top was finished but not quilted.  Now it is and hangs in my living room.  I really love it.  This is a Lynette Jensen design from her book, Quilting for Harvest.

I'm working on quilting the Homespun Hearth mystery quilt I made earlier this year and hope it will be finished this week.  I went with just a narrow border of the two darker fabrics.  The binding will probably be the plaid.  The backing is the lighter floral.  This was all pulled from my stash, and I like the darker tones.  In fact, the light floral is fabric from my late mother's stash. 

This is the fourth and last block for the Maggie's First Dance BOM by Jacquelynne Steves. 
In October we will receive the setting.  Some of the participants have used their blocks to make tote bags and such.  I'm not sure what I will do.  I used batiks from my stash for these blocks, and at first, I wasn't loving the result.  But now I know I made the right choice.  I used Crayolas to tint all of the flowers in my embroidery.  I like the way that looks, too.

We are having lovely, cooler autumn weather this week, my favorite.  Very refreshing and energizing.
Hope all is well.
God Bless You!

5 comments:

  1. I am in the mood to make something for fall. I have an applique project I cut out in fall colors and think I am going to work on it this evening rather than one of the block a month things I have been doing all year long. Time for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful fall wall hanging....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally catching up. Your little wall hanging is great for autumn. The blue quilt is going to look great and I think your choice of the plaid for the binding will be right. Your flowers look lovely and the crayon colouring works a treat. Look forward to seeing what you do with them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wall hanging and your quilt is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having your autumn themed wall hanging quilted for this year. The blocks stand out so nicely and the leaf print complements them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)