"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Last Minute, As Usual

 Tomorrow is December 1st, and today I put together an Advent Calendar, just in time to begin counting.  This is a panel from Stof fabrics.  I love the simple images. 
I think I'm going to hang it with some satin ribbon, but it's my first Christmas decoration up so far.  It's a start.
We've been making pierogi ( a kind of Polish filled dumpling) at my parish which will be sold for Christmas.  I had a nice autumn harvest apron but not one for Christmas.  So, I made a reversible apron.  I used  another chef apron for the outline and sewed a pocket on each side, with some lace on the edge.   If I don't wear an apron I am covered with flour by the time we are finished.
I enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving at my sister's.  Hope everyone enjoyed theirs, as well.

God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely Advent calendar. Making a reversible apron is a great idea. I always have to have an apron on if I'm cooking or washing dishes. I'm not keen on half aprons - I need to have a full apron on and I'm still using the ones my mom made and used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your advent calendar fabric and your apron too. I wear one, especially when baking. I'd love to be able to send you an email, but can't find if you have some sort of link or not. Thanks for the comments on my blog and we'll see if I can get in touch some how. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely advent calendar and love the aprons 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)