"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Becoming a Reproduction Fabric Fan

 I don't have much to share with you but a few blocks. 

This is Woven Time, the second block from Piecing the Past Quilts BOW.  I've come to like working with Civil War and reproduction fabrics.  The browns and tans are very restful, and when a color is added, such as the pinks, they become the perfect accent.
 This is Woven Star, the first block.  I just noticed that each block has the same nine patch cross.  I wonder if that was a feature in Civil War blocks?  The lights are all tans, not white.  I didn't adjust the color well. 
Something I like about this BOW is that the shop owner gives help in making the blocks.  She also follows up on them on facebook.  That's a nice touch.

This is block 9 of the Moda Block Heads BOW.  I liked making this block also, although again, the colors aren't true in the pic.  I have to remake block 8 because I'm not happy with my first version.
The week ahead will be busy so I don't expect to have much free time for sewing, boo hoo.  I'm a semi-retired person who needs a vacation:-) 
Have a fun week.
God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks Joanna, you are doing great keeping up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a reproduction fabric fan too! I saved the block patterns but have not had time to do anything with them. I enjoyed seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks Joanna & although the colours aren't true in photo, I like your choices. Any fabric is great, it doesn't matter whether it's modern or reproduction, & sometimes what came before comes around again. Take care through your busy week, but take time to breathe too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)