"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Many Blocks and a Little Dress

Interlocking Ohio Star


Flying Churn Dash

Whirlpool


Interlocking Pinwheels

These blocks are for the Piecing the Past Civil War Rest and Refreshing qal.  We're over half way into it, and it's one of my favorites.

Piecing the Past also has a summer qal, Summer Picnic, and these are the two blocks so far for that one.  I love all of these traditional blocks, and they are very relaxing for me to make.
Spinning Star and Churn Dash

Now we come to the Moda Blockheads qal.  These are 6.5" blocks and I have a harder time with the smaller piecing.  I think it will be a charming quilt with the variety of blocks.  There are about 6 designers contributing blocks so there's something different every week.
Flags
Jan Patek is one of the designers and she gives us applique blocks.

Trail of Tears
This block reminds us of a very tragic part of our history.

T Block
It was interesting to learn that the T is for Temperance

Square Within a Square

 In my last post I showed you an outfit I made for Seana's American Girl doll.  Her mom asked if I could make a matching sundress for Seana, and of course, I could.
I have a pic of both in their dresses, but am not sure if I can show it.  If I can, I'll post it next time.  Really cute.

Happy 4th of July!
God Bless America and you!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blocks & I'm with you on the smaller pieces these days too. Harder to see & manipulate with my wonky old fingers. The little sundress is so cute & even just a photo of doll in dress would be nice. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)