"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Friday, July 6, 2018

Summer, The Quilt


Julie of the The Crafty Quilter created this fun and smart quilt as a qal with tips and advice, and I joined in.  I couldn't pass up this design; I love butterflies, sunflowers, gentle waves and beach balls.  And stars, as well.  Julie must love them too because they are all in this quilt.  

Today is link up day, and I just finished my top.  Did I say that the qal was a teaching/learning along?  I learned again, for the millionth time, to read the directions carefully.  I made my beach balls and pinwheels 4.5" instead of 4.25" and wondered what happened until I went back and read again the directions.  


Check out the link up quilts; there are a few but so beautiful.  Someone did "Aloha" instead of Summer and it seems to be a nice way of making it her quilt.

Thank you, Julie.  I'm glad I joined in.  

Is there anyone out there enjoying this heat wave?  
Not me.
I'll be gazing at the waves in my quilt and cooling down with the thought of them.

God Bless!


4 comments:

  1. Lovely Joanna & good to see you settling into some sewing after your upheavals. It's definitely a summery looking quilt. No heatwave here, just cold, wind & now the rain has just started. We had very little during summer, so it is much appreciated, though not so much the biting cold wind. Have a lovely weekend & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, bright quilt. You had fun with it so that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and summery. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)