"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quilting, Cats, St. Francis and Odd.

Yesterday and today I listened to Brother Odd by Dean Koontz. I loved it, even though I do not go in for horror stories. I did a search for Catholic mystery writers and on Catholic Answers Forum one of the participants suggested Koontz. I will definitely get the other Odd books, and sample some of his others as well.

I am working on learning to quilt. I have mentioned the Mrs. Moen Mystery SAL I am doing, and today I joined the Postage Stamp Quilt Along by Handmade by Heidi. What a coincidence that I too received my LLBean Home Catalog this week, saw the postage stamp quilt they have, and wished I could get it. Now I will be making one, if I can follow along to the end. Heidi states it is an easy quilt to make, perfect for beginners, and a good way to use up a fabric stash.

Puffy had me concerned today. She disappeared this afternoon, and when I found her she was laying under a cabinet. I knew something was wrong, but not what it was so I just watched her. She stayed like that for several hours, then got up finally. She seems okay now, but it's finger crossing time. I prefer her like this:
Puff is 13 years old. A year and a half ago she almost died due to a food allergy I didn't know she had. Neither one of us wants to go through that again. I adopted her on the feast of St. Francis of Assisi, so today I prayed to him for her, and he came through. Thank you, St. Francis.

God Bless.

P.S. You need to see today's comic on Knocking on Heaven's Door. It is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)