"A very Merry Unbirthday to you, to you. A very Merry Unbirthday to you." from Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland"

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Thursday I got back to sewing non-Christmas things.  I caught up on the qal I'm doing with Erik Homemade Coffee Break eZine.  Then I made the two blocks I was behind on for Janet Wickell's scrap qal.  And I have a suspicion that Janet is very fond of half-square triangles.  The two blocks we had to make are the Arizona quilt block and the Twinkling Star quilt block.  While I was making the twinkling star today I was very tempted to ditch it and make a block of my choice.  But I persevered and it came out okay.


Road to California, Arizona, Twinkling Star


See all of those little 1.5 inch hst's?  OY!

I will say that I think this scrap qal is challenging and for that reason will probably be an interesting quilt when it's done.   

I began to crochet a lapghan to donate, and I turn to it when the hst's drive me crazy.  I have a few quilts to finish, and I'm determined to do them.  

Hope you are all enjoying the holidays.  God Bless You. 

3 comments:

  1. Those blocks are soooo wonderful.

    Yep, would need a deversion from the hst....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of vey small HST's, but a beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dedication Joanna, very acurate. :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. They make my day ;-)